How to choose an undergarment that can help prevent a hip fracture when someone falls:
Breaking a hip can stop you in your tracks. Whether you’re an athlete, a senior citizen, or someone with a high risk of falling, wearing a hip protector can help you avoid breaking your hip when you fall! It can also help you avoid re-injuring your hips after you’ve had surgery. You can also get two pair for the price of just one traditional brand of hip protector undergarment.
In the past, most hip protectors have either been “plastic shells (hard) or foam pads (soft) usually fitted in pockets in specially designed underwear”. A simple piece of foam placed in the hip area of an undergarment has been called “a hip protector.” If you pinch your fingers on those foam pads, they tend to bottom out. So, can you imagine what kind of impact this piece of foam would absorb if
someone’s entire body weight fell onto the pad? There’s now a much better choice of padding technology that protects hips
After 5 years of research and development,
including a materials impact study at the University of Florida, and numerous consultations with experts in the field, ComfiHips® was developed. With its 5 patents (U.S. and International), ComfiHips is truly the next generation of hip protectors!
Why is it the best for you and your loved ones?
- The pads have an inner core that is used to help absorb and dissipate impact in automobiles, boats and trains. Each pad weighs less than 25 potato chips yet can absorb up to 87.2% of impact upon a lateral fall!
- ComfiHips® pads are low profile, flexible and comfortable and you cannot pinch your fingers down on them, unlike others. You can definitely feel the difference in quality and protection between the traditional hip protectors and the hip protection you gain from ComfiHips.
- In an independent study at SUNY, “ComfiHips statistically outperformed the other hip protectors it was tested against”. All hip protectors were tested up to 10,000 Newtons, which is a huge amount of force that simulates a real life fall.
- The pads, which are made in the USA, easily fit into the undergarment inside pockets and sit strategically over the greater trochanter. (Hip bone).
- Extremely cost effective – 2 undergarments and 2 pads in a package so you never have to be without your hip protector! (Unlike others on the market that make you buy 1 undergarment and 2 pads in a package and cost more!) Also includes “Fall Prevention Tips for Home Safety” We don’t want you falling, and you want your hips comfy as you’re wearing a protective undergarment. You can definitely count on ComfiHips being comfortable, staying in place, and helping to protect your hips! Unlike the traditional choices out there, ComfiHips offers extra undergarments, 2 in a package, for extra days of the week, wash and wear, also making it so affordable!
- The undergarments (ladies or men’s briefs) help bring dignity back to our users; different than competitors’ unisex or strange colored undergarments. Take a look at the difference between the ComfiHips undergarments made for males and females versus what competitors offer.
- Feedback from customers include comments such as: “I love them because no one can tell that I am wearing them, and they’re very comfortable!”
- Simply measure the waist at the belly button and look at our size chart – if an incontinent product is also worn, no worries, just go up one size.
- Washing of undergarments follows the CDC Guidelines or simply wash them in cold water.
- Pads can be wiped with a Virox wipe, Clorox wipe or soapy water. Do not put them in the washing machine, as they need to be worn in an undergarment at all times.
ActiveForever is so proud to bring you ComfiHips® today so you may help to improve the quality of life for yourself, and a loved one! http://www.activeforever.com/search?q=comfihips